Want to help out but not a hockey coach? We always have a need for off-ice volunteers!
Locker Room Monitors
Locker Room Monitors (LRMs) help create a safe, positive atmosphere for all players during dress and ensure we comply with USA Hockey guidelines.
- Arrive 30 minutes before ice time or stay after until last player is out of the locker room
- Enforce USA Hockey and SafeSport policies
- You will be provided with a copy of the Locker Room Monitor Policy to adhere to
- You must identify as female for this role
Team Managers help the head coach with logistics and communications to the team families.
- Update SportsYou or other communication tools
- Notify families of schedule changes
- Coordinate coach logistics such as pinney assignments
- Schedule Locker Room Monitors
- Take Attendance
- Coordinate end of season festivities
- For traveling teams, Managers coordinate hotel arrangements and off ice activities
- No gender requirements!
The registrar keeps us operating within USA hockey rules and communicates with the Director of Hockey, coaches and volunteers.
- Keeps track of volunteers and coaches to ensure that everyone is properly certified
- Enters rosters and gets approval from the district registrar
- Requests travel documents needed for interstate play
- No gender requirements
- Can be done from home
Complete the three steps below as required by USA Hockey.
STEPS TO BECOMING APPROVED TO VOLUNTEER:
Please complete each step below to coach with us this season and allow us to remain 100% compliant with USA Hockey. Volunteers and off-ice coaches should do these three steps.
- Obtain a USA Hockey number for the 2022-2023 season – Register at membership.usahockey.com. This is required before you can step on the ice as a RCHC coach.
- Background Check – Initiate a background check at the Oregon State Hockey Association website. This is required before you can step on the ice as a RCHC coach.
- SafeSport – This is now an annual requirement. To access the training and learn more at USAHockey.com/safesporttraining. This is required before you can step on the ice as a RCHC coach. Make sure to add USA Hockey as an organization to get the required modules if you have SafeSport for other sports.
- Email our registrar Jim@rosecityhockeyclub.com with your information so we can add you as an official volunteer.
Have a question or ready to help? Email our Vice President Tawnya Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org).